You are here
The Village of Wilmette is working with community partners to monitor the impact of COVID-19 (coronavirus) and follow guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Illinois Department of Public Health according to its latest E-Newsletter.
According to the release, the IDPH has characterized the threat of coronavirus as "low" in Illinois and the CDC reports that the risk to the general American public remains low. The Village is asking the general public "for your continued partnership in preventing the spread of coronavirus." They released the following safety tips from the CDC:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially before eating, after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing and certainly if your commute includes public transit.
- Stay home when you are sick and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.